So, here is a little update
from
49 Haverhill Road
Things are looking a little sparse inside these 4 walls,
The Piano from the front living room is
gone
The comfy blue chairs that Sam slept in sideways as a baby
gone
The Gold chairs from the basement
gone
The bed from the basement room
which we all coveted growing up,
gone
Most everything from the garage
including the RV, snow blower, bikes, garden tools, lawn mower
yup
gone!
The new owners have been by to measure rooms
and they informed the current owners,
they would NOT be knocking down any walls (yet)
(They didn't say YET but I wonder..)
They love the house just the way it is!
Just like us!
They have a young son, who is looking forward to a wonderful back yard to play in
(just like we did!)
I think they will enjoy the home as much as we all did!
So glad it is going to a nice little family!
While Nancy was there last week,
they held another garage sale and sold a TON of things
Folks got GREAT deals
most things sold for $0.10 - $0.25 each!
Such a deal!
But, things flew out the garage door and they were able to re-home many things!
Much better than just tossing them!
Here's dad selling one lovely item
And some more garage sale items
Such fun! (thought it looks a little chilly!)
And the house is looking quite different inside
Mom says
"open concept"
ha ha
I leave next Saturday (Oct 1)
to spend a week with them, helping them with the final packing
and preparing for the move!
Dad has a Uhaul all arranged
and we are hoping for some help from wonderful ward members
to help us load it all up with the few belongings they couldn't
bring themselves to part with!
(Way to hang in there 'things'!)
Quite an adventure they are on
and going to have!
Greg and I have been to Ikea and found some awesome
stuff to furnish the Casita with
in preparation for the new dwellers!
It's gonna be SO fun!





3 comments:
Looking forward to flying up there and helping out with the move. Calgary, here I come!
Recognized lots of those "things" that didn't make the cut... LOL Good thing I wasn't there for that garage sale - I don't need one more "thing" in our house, but boy it would have been TEMPTING!!!
No kidding! I guess Nancy managed to save a few things for herself though! ha ha
Post a Comment