So, it's been a while,
and I was reading Collette's latest
(ok, a few of them -
it's also been a while since I read hers!)
I wanted to say
a BIG
CONGRATULATIONS
to Collette
on her up and coming
Retirement
from her "day job"
Which...
she has had forever (17 years)
I remember
way back
when Sam and I were living in Idaho
and Collette and I were BOTH posting medical payments
We would chat online in the evenings (I think)
when chatting online first was a thing
I even had a shirt that said
"I Chat
Therefore
I Am"
I loved that shirt! It was SOO comfortable
I'm pretty sure I finally wore it completely out
Anyway,
Collette has been with that same company
doing that same thing
since I lived in Boise, Idaho
SOO many moons ago!
Okay, the above was written about a week ago - maybe more!
I never got around to finishing it - mostly because I wanted to add some pictures
and I didn't have them handy right then.
So now - it is October 15
Collette has officially had her
LAST DAY
and I suspect she is relaxing
(or as she called it - being a zombie!)
Good for you Collette!
Congrats for work well done!
But today is a special day for another reason
My wonderful mom and dad are having
yet ANOTHER
Anniversary!
They have been together a LONG time
and loved one another for even a longer time!
I was over at their house a few days ago, visiting,
and we were admiring the
beautiful bouquet of roses
dad had brought home for his
beautiful bride.
There was a lovely little card beside the flowers.
Dad wanted to show it to me
Then he came over beside me with it and explained it.
Said it was "Exactly True"
He said that in his home growing up, they didn't say those three words.
Mostly they said, "did you milk the cow?
Did you bring in the firewood?
Go milk the cow!
Go bring in the firewood!
etc., etc.
Then he proceeded to tell me the story about when he first said those words to mom.
(with a little help remembering the details from mom)
They were on a date
and as it turns out, it was with another couple
who was in the front seat of the car,
Mom and Dad in the back seat.
(when mom reminded dad that they weren't alone, he said,
I don't think I could have gotten up the courage to say those words with someone else there"
But mom reminded him that,
"the other couple was kind of pre-occupied in the front seat!
it was a pretty "romantic evening" all around!"
So when dad turned to mom and said those 3 little words to her,
she responded with
(surprised facial expression)
"can you say that again?"
Dad laughed at me then, and told me he was just barely able to say it once - didn't know if he could do it again!!!
Such a cute little couple, and a wonderful memory for them both to have
just a couple of days before their anniversary!
Dad also told me of one of the first times he saw mom
At church,
Playing the piano for one of the meetings.
He turned to one of his LDS school buddies who was there with him and commented,
"that Joyce Hanna will make some lucky guy a wonderful wife someday!"
And she did!!
Love you guys!
Happy Anniversary!


1 comment:
Love the story! You're so lucky to get to see them everyday... (And thanks for the congrats, and the computer, which I'm typing on NOW! LOVE IT!!!!)
Post a Comment