Sunday, February 12, 2017

Been a while!

Yes it has been a while,
I rarely think to do this.
And then I see Collette's Blog and it gives me encouragement.

I know that I told Sondra a few weeks ago that I would post some pictures
of ... something (honestly, I can't remember what - but it will come to me!)


Oh yes... I remember
It was of our last trip to Pacific Beach!
I sent a few pictures via text message
hoping to cheer poor Matt up.
He was in the hospital preparing for some major
surgery to repair his broken leg! :(


It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend.
Shortly after they had had some REALLY rough weather
there on the coast.
Lots of rain, wind, HIGH surf etc.
This weekend though,
it was CALM as can be!
Green as ever
and the sky was BLUE BLUE BLUE!


The tide was WAY in
and WAY out
We couldn't even walk down the beach very far
because the water was hip deep AT THE CLIFFS
and unless you wanted to wade (swim) by,
you weren't getting past it.
Not for a couple of hours at lease,
until the tide went out.
The surfers were jumping off the cliffs after tossing their boards
off into the water before them.
Just so they could get into the water!


Then there were the beaches.
The rough seas of the prior 2 weeks
left their mark


HUGE areas of seaweed on some beaches.


Sand dunes where they aren't usually!


Piles of sand in the entrances from the boardwalks to the beaches
Looked like they had swept (or shoveled more likely)
the sand from the more popular areas of the board walks
and piled it at the entry way of the beach at the access points.


the water was NOT that warm,
but we did roll up our pant legs and get our feet wet.
(Mine)


(Greg's)


And had a 
WONDERFUL
time doing it!


The waves were still pretty impressive
and when the tide was out 
they waves were really high at the end of the piers.


(Handsome man at the beach)


So, that was our great PB trip from a couple of weeks ago.
We do love it there. :)


In other news,
we got a new trailer to pull our motorbikes
(and other stuff)
in behind our Jeep.
It's awesome!


And we are trying some new cooking ideas.
Had mom and dad over for some
black bean Tortilla Soup and
a Super Salad.

Then there was the next day!
Superbowl Sunday!
The Johnson's always put on a spread
invite all the local family
(anyone else is welcome too - but it's not THAT great
to warrant a plane ticket!)
and we eat
play games at the table
and eat
and watch the football game
and eat
and have a football pool
and eat some more!


We also got everyone out
at least once,
in the back yard
to play some yard games.


And here is the cutest
retired
Arizonan
you ever did see!
RIGHT?


And this was who I woke up to this morning.
The sun shining through my curtains,
but yet,
a strange shadow!


So, a text went out to my husband
(who was already up and in the other room)
to come and rid my room of the
intruder!
So he did.
He just opened the door on the other side of those curtains,
and hit the curtain once,
and out he flew!
Awesome!

Well,
Until next time.
Toodles!


2 comments:

Collette said...

YEA! Good to SEE you! Great pictures, your vacation looks terrific! Lots of beach erosion here, left over from Hurricane Matthew - it's amazing how much the beach can change.

Your Super Bowl Sunday spread looks awesome! We had Stake Conference that day - not that we really do football anyway... but the food is always great!

You NEED to get a pressure cooker. And an Air Fryer. But first a pressure cooker - I got mine at Sams, and I know they have relatively inexpensive ones at Costco too. (We just don't have a Costco any closer than Orlando!) Then I stick my taters in there for 15 minutes and presto, they are DONE. And SOOOO good! And hard boiled eggs! The best I've ever eaten, the whites are soft and creamy instead of hard and rubbery. And they peel really easy. I've been using my air fryer a whole lot more than my pressure cooker lately, although I did do 3 batches of rabbit stock last week. The dogs are spoiled and don't like to eat their food without some stock poured over it, so I have bags and bags of bones in my freezer. I can get 3 pots (about 10 quarts) of "juice" out of a bag of bones. (usually half a rabbit or chicken or whatever...) It's good juice and I use it instead of buying chicken stock, but technically it's for the dogs.

rktucson said...

haha - I think I would feed it to the dogs too! ha ha