Ok, so today is July 17, 2019 and my last post was in Aug 2018.
Yikes!
But, today I have something fun to post
We have a new addition to our family
Meet Zoe
The above picture was of her at 8 weeks old
This picture below is of her on our trip back from picking her up.
She was born in Simi Valley, California
in a long line of very impressive parents, grandparents, etc.
Bother her parents were pure bred show dogs
Her grandfather was a champion Agility dog,
who's record has not yet been beaten!
Pretty fun!
(maybe we'll do some of that - just for fun)
Not now - she's pretty clumsy still!
I mean really - look at those legs
Can you blame her for tripping over them?
Ok, a little more about our little Zoe
She is an
Irish Red and White Setter
about 11 weeks old now
Her first car ride was a 10.5 hour drive from
Simi Valley California
to
Tucson Arizona
She is totally a Cali girl
This heat is horrendous!
And she does NOT care to go outside to go to the bathroom
it's just WAY too hot in the daytime (over 100 this last few days)
But she is learning that if you go out and do your 'business'
right away
you get to come back inside and play in the cool
And she LOVES the backyard in the morning and evenings
She also loves to play on our cork floors - they are really slippery
She runs as fast as she can to get her toy,
they slides across the floor
All sprawled out
at first we would laugh at her
she would be all embarrassed and be like
"I meant to do that"
and then she'd sit and look at us with her ears all down flat and a sad little face.
Now?
She loves it!
She comes to work with us.
She has 3 favorite places to rest.
All of them around my desk!
Under my chair! (ugh)
Under my feet/desk (also ugh)
and finally, when the phone gets loud,
or the guys in the next room start their compressed air blowing
while she's trying to sleep
she moves to the corner.
Looks like she's been banned!
But really,
the first time, she was pouting
because when she's under my chair
I have to slide her over, out of the way
or I might roll over her!
So when I did that - she looked at me
and moved to the corner!
(now she loves that corner)
It's still right behind me, but I think it's a bit quieter.
She has a crate at the office that is nice and dark
She has a pen in the packing room so she can be on the cool floor
and close to Greg in the afternoons when he's in there working
(and when she won't go out to pee - so we don't trust her on the carpet up by me)
But hey,
she has to learn where to go to the bathroom at home
and at the office
That's a LOT for a little tyke to remember!
She's getting better though.
This is her sleeping in the car!
Comfortable?
I think so
Ok,
enough of that!
Just wanted to introduce her.
:)







1 comment:
WOW!!! I just "happened" to stop by your blog today, on the off chance you posted something and LOOK!!!
Zoe is freaking adorable! I feel ya' on the puppy training thing though. It's a challenge. But they are so cute you can almost forgive the occasional mess. She's lucky to get to come to work with you guys. One of these days when it cools off, she'll be able to run with you when you ride your bike things too!
Post a Comment